Beth Shalom Synagogue
Mission Statement, Vision and Guiding Principles
Vision Statement —
Beth Shalom Synagogue represents the spiritual home for G-d, Torah and Conservative Jewish Life in Columbia. Through strong Rabbinic leadership and an engaged congregation, Beth Shalom will continue to make Judaism a vital and integrated part of daily life now and for future generations.
Mission Statement —
Beth Shalom Synagogue creates a welcoming, spiritual and educational home for Conservative Judaism in Columbia.
Guiding Principles —
1. Beth Shalom operates in accordance with the practices, rituals and standards of Conservative Judaism as defined by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and as interpreted by our Rabbi.
2. Beth Shalom respects its history as the spiritual and religious home for Conservative Judaism in Columbia for more than 100 years, and the legacies that have been passed from generation to generation within our congregation.
3. Beth Shalom welcomes new and unaffiliated members of the Columbia Jewish community to join and participate fully in our congregation.
4. Beth Shalom participates in an active outreach throughout the community to embrace and include interfaith families.
5. Beth Shalom provides services and programs to allow our congregation to enjoy religious, educational and spiritual growth at every stage of life.
6. Beth Shalom maintains a full Synagogue facility including but not limited to: sanctuaries for prayer; offices, libraries and classrooms for study; and a social hall with a kosher kitchen.
7. Beth Shalom encourages its members and its clergy to be fully engaged in the greater Columbia community on issues that are important to Conservative Judaism, the State of Israel, and the Jewish people.